Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Who Do You Think Would Portray Ma's and Jack's characters?

I read this book last December when my friend from work lent her copy. Dianne was raving not just about the story but about the price as well. The original tag was P480.00+ (not bad considering it's a new book here). But she got it for only P237.00 to think that it was the bigger paperback edition. And a best seller pa at that! Thank you to National Bookstore at the NAIA Terminal III!:)

I've been hearing a lot about "Room" so I read it immediately after putting down Stephen King's "Rose Madder" which I didn't like that much. But I have to hand it to Stephen King; he has the uncanny ability to make his audience want to finish the book even if getting a scare is not really one's cup of tea.

Back to "Room." I enjoyed the book very much and found it hard to put down. As a matter of fact, I read halfway through the book until the wee hours of the morning. And I felt sad, like, can someone really find herself in that harrowing situation? For seven years? And with a child to look after?

But I think that by having Jack, Ma was more able to get through her ordeal. If Jack weren't there, I believe she would have resorted to more desperate measures... Either she kills Old Nick or herself.

If they would turn this book into a movie, I'd be really curious as to who would portray Jack's character. He is described as small for the average 5-year old, pasty white and sickly. And who would fit Ma? I wonder.:) She's described as young and beautiful, but after being locked up for seven years she's probably unkempt with yellow teeth and sagging breasts. Or maybe I'm exaggerating. Maybe ScarJo, nuh?

But then she was the original choice for the U.S. version of The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo tapos hindi naman pala.

No comments: