Friday, January 13, 2012

Steering Away From Our Usual Pinoy Breakfast

I mentally listed it down: January 4, 2012. That was the day I resolved to lose weight and stick to one of my New Year's Resolutions which is to become a better version of me.

ANG HIRAP!!!:( But I have to do it... cuz nobody will do it for me. Forgive me if I sound that serious!!! The past few days I've been feeling low and self-conscious about my appearance, and it's not a good feeling I tell you...


So the first week (which was last week), I was not on my hard-core diet mode yet. I still ate rice, sweets, didn't work out, and I just tried to eat small portions. My only attempt to "work out" is by putting that elastic strap around my waist while doing chores in the house or going to the grocery. It proved futile... But this week, eto na. Mejo dapat konting galaw-galaw naman. So whereas before ang almusal namin ay sinangag, ulam at itlog with coffee... or di kaya pancakes with honey and sausage and scrambled eggs... or Pan de Manila with Spanish sardines... naging oatmeal with blueberries and strawberries na. We opted for honey and low-fat milk as well. I bought the U.S. version of Women's Health on Zinio yesterday and I saw this oatmeal ad in one of the pages so ayan. I'm posting it to remind myself: don't get sidetracked!

Since I've posted this supposed secret objective here, I might as well state my plan:

Pounds to lose: 12 lbs. - 17 lbs.
Selected diet: No rice. As much fruit and veggies possible. 
Drink: LOTS OF WATER.
Selected workout: Yoga and Dance classes at the gym.
Again, note to self: Compete only with yourself! Don't compare, don't look at others around you. Just stick to the plan. And pray that God grant you success. 

Happy healthy new year!:)

No comments: