Saturday, December 10, 2011

Reviving a Book Club




I bought this journal on sale three years ago at Fully Booked  (I forgot how much it was). I was so excited to use it! But there was one problem: I didn't belong to any book club...So, I coerced my sister and friends to start one up. I showed them an article from Preview magazine about a group of girls who met regularly over dinner and even dressed according to the theme or genre of the book that they just read!:) How cute diba?:)


The first meet up was composed by a group of three: Anj, Smiley, and me. We met in a now closed coffee shop along President's Avenue in BF and we talked about Twilight. The second meet up wasn't actually a reading discussion; it was a movie night! Me, my sister Rach and two of my girlfriends watched The Time Traveler's Wife in Greenbelt 3. Afterwards, the guys joined us in Red Mango to compare the movie to the book. When the discussions were getting animated, the guys made fun of us for sounding so geeky over this book club thing!:o) But we took it in stride and just kept on with the discussion.

Now, after three or more years of silence and inactivity, I'm hoping to revive the pleasure of sharing and swapping ideas, feelings, opinions and even disagreements about a book. Sure, reading is a simple pleasure that is enjoyed alone. But isn't it much more exciting to know what your other friends think and feel about a particular book as well?:)

Wish me luck!:)

No comments: