Saturday, April 25, 2009

I Celebrate the Underdogs

In any game, story or any sort of circumstance, there is always that tendency for me to look for the unassuming player, character, or contestant -- the underdog, as you would call it -- and root for that person. People like Susan Boyle. I'm pretty sure the world knows her already... like how the world was introduced to Paul Potts last year (and so many other international and local talents being discovered through the wonder of YouTube.)

After watching Susan Boyle's performance, I reacted like the judges and the rest of the audience: I was just completely shocked. I was gaping, I wanted to laugh, I wanted to cry, I was so taken aback by her indescribable voice! But the thing that truly amazed me was her quiet confidence. She stepped onto that stage perfectly aware of herself, warts and all... She, a 47-year old cat lover, not much to look at and obviously ridiculed by the audience because of her mousy appearance. She who dares to contend with the other younger, more charismatic contestants.

But she knew what she was capable of: she knew how to sing. And she sang so beautifully...=')






"But we have this treasure in jars of clay..."

No comments: